Frontend Dev - 4-day work week, BCorp, Tech with Purpose
Do you want to be part of a growing team who are passionate, curious, and super-skilled?
🤘 Full time - 4 day work week (32 hours), full pay
⏱ Mega-flexi hours
🗺 Remote First (UK-based ideally)
🩺 Private healthcare for family
⭐️ Loads of perks and benefits
🌎 Bcorp, changing the world
📆 Deadline 3rd July
If you're thinking you're not a match at this point, we'd urge you to read on and reconsider. You might just be the perfect person.
We’re looking for someone deeply curious about the development world, a proactive problem solver with a positive and supportive vibe. As a small team, we work very closely, so communicating well should be important to you. You might sometimes head up certain features or entire projects, so the ability to manage your own workload is important.
There are a few tasks that you might be expected to be involved in:
- Implement solutions to complex problems with our development team
- Work with our designers to add your creative verve to build design systems
- Create frontend systems with React and React Native (with GraphQL)
- Build APIs using GraphQL and Lambda (usually with MongoDB)
- Articulate decisions with the team and clients
- Use Git to version control all your code
- Work in sprints on multiple projects
All of our products use TypeScript and live on AWS. We use React.js on the frontend, either with MaterialUI or by building a completely custom interface. We use Node.js on the backend, running through AppSync and Lambda functions with MongoDB usually. Accessibility and knowledge of web standards is important to how we work.
We’re offering you an opportunity to grow as a person at a small company where everyone has a part to play. Personal development and wellbeing is an important part of our culture. We try to fit side hustles and R&D projects whenever possible to keep the creative juices flowing. We're offering:
- Flexible hours
- 25 days leave plus birthday and bank holidays off
- Closed to clients over Christmas
- Private healthcare for your family
- Mobile phone on your first anniversary
- Regular team meetups
- Care packages and subscriptions (food, coffee, Spotify, etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- New equipment and a home-office budget
- Work that’s good for the soul
If this role sounds perfect for you, we want to hear from you. Send over a short introduction about who you are and your experience, with anything you think is relevant to the application. Feel free to send links to things you’ve built, Github profiles, introduction videos, a portfolio site, or a CV.
You can email us at email@example.com before __10pm on the 12th of June. Good luck!
Big Lemon's ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, a place where we can all be ourselves, that celebrates diversity, so that different cultures can thrive, remove barriers to access and progression, in the life and work of the company, reinforcing our ethos in respect of encouraging fairness and equality of treatment for all.
Agencies: sigh It’s not you, it’s us. We’ve told you for years that we’re not interested, and now we have exclusivity with another agency. Sorry. If you still must contact us, send something to firstname.lastname@example.org.