Do you want to be part of a growing team who are passionate, curious, and super-skilled?
Salary: £32,000 - £38,000 (depending on experience)
Location: Remote (UK)
We’re looking for someone deeply curious about the development world. You should be a proactive problem solver with a positive and supportive vibe. As a small team, we work very closely, so communicating well should be important to you. You might sometimes head up certain features or entire projects, so the ability to manage your own workload is important.
There are a few expected tasks that the role includes:
- Implement solutions to complex problems with our development team
- Work with our designers to add your creative verve to our Tech with Purpose projects
- Create frontend systems with React and React Native (with GraphQL)
- Articulate decisions with the team and clients
- Using Git to version control all your code
- Working in Agile-style sprints
All of our products use TypeScript and live on AWS. We use React.js on the frontend, either with MaterialUI or by building a completely custom interface. Accessibility and knowledge of web standards is important to how we work.
We’re offering you an opportunity to grow as a person at a small company where everyone has a part to play. Personal development and wellbeing is an important part of our culture. We try to fit side hustles and R&D projects whenever possible to keep the creative juices flowing. We're offering:
- Flexible hours
- 25 days leave plus birthday and bank holidays off
- Closed to clients over Christmas
- Private healthcare for your family
- Mobile phone on your first anniversary
- Regular team meetups (when we can)
- Care packages and subscriptions (coffee, Spotify, etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- New equipment and a home-office budget
- Work that’s good for the soul
If this role sounds perfect for you, we want to hear from you. Send over a short introduction about who you are and your experience, with anything you think is relevant to the application. Feel free to send links to things you’ve built, Github profiles, introduction videos, a portfolio site, or a CV.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before 10pm on the 28th of November. Good luck!
Big Lemon's ambition is to work together to promote a more inclusive environment, a place where we can all be ourselves, that celebrates diversity, so that different cultures can thrive, remove barriers to access and progression, in the life and work of the company, reinforcing our ethos in respect of encouraging fairness and equality of treatment for all.
Agencies: sigh It’s not you, it’s us. We’ve told you for years that we’re not interested, and now we have exclusivity with another agency. Sorry. If you still must contact us, send something to email@example.com.